Health & Wellness News you can use.
Tag Archives: adapt
April 29, 2011Posted by on
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a branch of the healing arts which is based upon the understanding that good health depends, in part, upon a properly functioning nervous system (especially the spine, and the nerves extending from the spine to all parts of the body). “Chiropractic” comes from the Greek word Chiropraktikos, meaning “effective treatment by hand.” Chiropractic stresses the idea that the cause of many disease processes begins with the body’s inability to adapt to its environment.
Chiropractic is based on the scientific fact that your body is a self-regulating, self-healing organism, controlled by the brain, spinal cord and nerves of the body. The vertebrae, which protect the nervous system, when misaligned or lose its normal motion, causes malfunction of the tissues and organs throughout the body.
What is Wellness?
The word “wellness” has no universally accepted definition, but we should know that it has nothing to do crisis care as delivered in a hospital setting.
WELLNESS: “A purposeful choice of a lifestyle characterized by personal responsibility, self-control, good nutrition, exercise and faith to achieve maximum personal enhancement of physical, mental, and emotional health.”
“The power that made the body is the only power that can heal the body, it happens no other way.”
Kolarik Family Chiropractic is currently accepting new patients. Kolarik Family Chiropractic offers quality, gentle, conservative chiropractic care to the residents of Travelers Rest, SC and surrounding areas of Marietta, Slater, Taylors, Greer, and North Greenville.
Now offering Individual and Monthly Plans.
- Individual Monthly Plan – only $97, entitles you to all necessary chiropractic checks and adjustments. And because research shows that regular chiropractic care helps patients of all ages from infancy to their geriatric years, this plan is a great way ensure your health is a top priority.
- Family Monthly Plan – only $175, entitles up to two adults (married) and three children under the age of 18, additional children add $20, to all necessary chiropractic checks and adjustments. The Family Plan is a great way to ensure your family’s health is a top priority.
We also offers pre-paid visit packages for as low as $15 per visit, these visits are good for one year after purchase. These packages and plans make chiropractic care affordable to everyone by removing the financial concern.
For more information please visit Kolarik Family Chiropractic.
Dr. Kolarik practices in Travelers Rest at Kolarik Family Chiropractic. Located at 308 N. Poinsett Hwy. Behind George Coleman Ford and next to Dave’s Barber Shop and the Cooper Lodge. My
March 10, 2011Posted by on
Obviously, the biggest difference between medical and Chiropractic wellness care is just that: medicine. Today’s medical doctors are still treating symptoms instead of the actual cause of the problem. These drugs usually create their own list of symptoms that must also be “treated” with more drugs. It’s a nearly never ending self perpetuating cycle that does not lead to good health and wellness; but to illness, disease and dependence.
Most medical doctors do not look for the cause of a symptom, ignoring the lifestyle influences that led to the problem. Drugs typically lead to a false sense of health, by hiding symptoms, that avoids changes that will actually lead to wellness.
Doctors of Chiropractic recognize that symptoms are there for a reason. Symptoms are a siren going off letting you know that there is a problem here. Chiropractors look for the cause of a problem that the symptom has alerted you to.
Chiropractic doctors examine your spine looking for spinal misalignments. Misalignment’s in the spine can cause an interference with the information carried by the nerves exiting the spine at that particular level. This interference decreases the body’s ability to adapt, decreases immune function, and a whole host of other problems.
Specific chiropractic spinal adjustments help to restore misaligned bones to a more normal position thus improving spinal function. Allowing soft tissue to heal, inflammation to go down, pain to ease, and improving spinal stability.
Facts About Wellness Care
- Symptoms are NOT the problem, symptoms are an alert to an underlying problem and should be listened too, not hidden and masked with drugs (medications).
- Our body has an inborn ability to self-regulate, self-replicate, and adapt to our surroundings. When we have a misalignment in our spine, aka subluxation, these self preserving functions do not work as intended; this results in absence of health and wellness.
- Chiropractic wellness practitioners do not diagnose or treat conditions and diseases, but instead locate and correct (remove) subluxations, allowing your body to function at a higher level of health.
- Doctors of Chiropractic recognize the value preventative care compared to medical symptom based care. With regular chiropractic adjustments, spinal health is maintained, promoting proper nervous symptom function and allowing for our bodies to preform at it’s best.
True wellness can only be achieved when all of the body’s systems are receiving their signals from the brain and are properly providing your body with what it needs to not only survive, but to thrive. All too often, we mistake an absence of symptoms as good health, when the two are not even related.
From early childhood we are conditioned to believe there is a medical drug or surgical procedure to fix every symptom. Now, with a better understanding of wellness, start doing something that will actually promote wellness in your body, and not hinder it with drugs.
For more information visit Kolarik Family Chiropractic
and be sure to subscribe to our “Travelers Rest Health and Wellness Newsletter.”
Dr. Kolarik practices in Travelers Rest at Kolarik Family Chiropractic. Dr. Kolarik offers individual and family plans as low as $15 per visit, making affordable quality chiropractic care available to everyone.
January 21, 2011Posted by on
You may be asking “children need chiropractic?”
Without hesitation, yes, children need chiropractic. Kids are always falling, bumping into things, getting exposed to who knows what at school.
In fact everybody with a spine needs a chiropractor and needs to have their spine checked for Subluxations regularly.
Healthy spines = healthy lives.
Having your children’s spine checked regularly and adjusted when necessary helps to improve their immune response, improves their body’s ability to adapt and self regulate.
My three children have been under chiropractic care since they were born and they have never had an ear infection. They are growing up strong with a healthy spine.
For more information about Chiropractic visit Kolarik Family Chiropractic
Dr. Kolarik practices at Kolarik Family Chiropractic located in Travelers Rest, South Carolina, SC. At Kolarik Family Chiropractic we focus on prevention and wellness. Dr. Kolarik offers both individual and family plans that make Chiropractic care affordable and available to all.